Wednesday 29 May 2013

My Favorite Tools

The right tool makes all the difference, I cannot count the times that I have tried using a bad tool and ended up with a bad or mediocre result because of it. I, having worked in electrical have some favorite tools that I like to stick by.


  • I have a set of Klein side cutters and let me tell you these things are tough, I spent 60$ on them and they were worth every cent, they have gone through a lot and they keep on kicking. 
  • My linesman pliers are also incredible, they are made by Channellock and are a great bargain for 30$. They are great for twisting wires together, holding things and anything in between, I have cut nails with them on numerous occasions and they have proved to be a great purchase.
  • My wire strippers, having been in the electrical field were always a priority, I have tried many different types and am quite indecisive on the matter, I have a pair of Kleins (30$) and a pair of GBs (13$) and I think they both do their jobs quite well.
  • Screwdrivers are probably the most used tools in the world, even in school I probably use a screwdriver at least once a day. Now even though they get used all the time they don't have to be a pricey tool, I was given a set of Husky screwdrivers and they are still my go too's 3 years and hundreds of tasks later, I bought another set as spares and was amazed at the value (20$). I would definitely recommend them.

My tools (links)




No comments:

Post a Comment