Sunday 24 March 2013

Top 5 Comedies



One of my favorite things to do is watch movies, I love comedies, the kind that moms and girlfriends everywhere call stupid and roll their eyes at. Here are my top 5 comedies of all time.

1.       Anchorman: This movie has an allstar lineup including Will Ferrell  and Steve Carell  and it doesn’t disappoint. This movie is probably the most quotable movie of all time. A great movie to watch with your buddies and when you need a laugh.

Quote: “They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.”

2.      The Other Guys: Another good bros movie, this movie has a great cast including the Rock, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell. A movie about two stupid cops, this movie is great because it mixes action and comedy without taking itself too seriously. A must watch.

Quote: “Got a couple of tips... help you guys stay out of jail. One: try your hardest to not be Black or Hispanic.”

3.       The Pink Panther: Another cop comedy, Steve Martin stars as Jacque Clouseau, a bumbling police officer hired to be a decoy detective when a legendary diamond is stolen. Through a bunch of crazy situations Steve Martin makes you laugh with his facial expressions and French accent. Funny yet appropriate for everyone.

Quote: “I…I don’t even own a mace”
4.       Monty Python and the Holy Grail: A hilarious spoof about King Arthur and the nights of the round table trying to find the Holy Grail. With all of their comical adventures from a killer rabbit to the knights who say Ni this movie is great.

Quote: “Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of Elderberries!”

5.        Happy Gilmore: Adam Sandler plays a hockey player who takes up  golf in order to save his grandmothers home. This is a  hilarious comedy, a highly original, sincerely funny movie. A must for anyone who has ever gotten frustrated at golf.
Quote: “What are you doing!?!” “Just looking for the other half of my bottle, oh here it is”
I would consider these to be the five best comedies I have ever seen. They make me laugh and are a great way to end a day, I hope you all like them as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment